Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Transgressions and Sins"

We held our Missionary Temple Orientation on Tuesday night to help the missionaries prepare to enter the Temple and receive their temple blessings.  I speak on the great importance of being worthy to enter into the House of the Lord and to become clean and pure as a member of His family.  I speak on the grand significance and eternal nature of the supernal sacred gift and powers of creation and procreation.  The blessings of keeping the laws of virtue and chastity are sublime.
After the meeting, a missionary timidly came to my office (as they occasionally do) to make a belated confession of his feelings of unworthiness and guilt.  He was laden with remorse for his “transgressions and sins!”   
“President.  I have sinned!”
“What did you do to sin?” I said kindly.   
“I broke the law of chastity.”
“Tell me all about it, Elder,”
“My girl friend and I sinned”
“What did you do to sin,” I said again with deep gravity and genuine sincerity.
He said,  “I gave my girl friend a kiss and she kissed me back, the night before I came to the MTC.” 
I followed up, “Was it just one kiss?” Did you do anything else?”
“No, that’s what we did.  I kissed her on the cheek and she kissed me back.  We sinned!”
The generic goodness and innocence of these sweet and mighty young men and women overcomes me!  What a privilege to be with them! 
Our love,
George & Debbie
p.s. Please see attached, Sister Taylor’s recent cobbler experience.

George T. Taylor, President
Philippines Missionary Training Center

No comments:

Post a Comment