Thursday, August 11, 2011

Philippine Six Month Mission Report

Philippine six month mission report
Manila, Philippines
Debra Taylor
July 2011
I arrived with my husband in January of this year at the Philippines Missionary Training Center (MTC) and have now been here for six months. In that time we have seen remarkable missionaries, teachers, members, leaders, youth groups, children, nonmembers, beautiful scenery, rain, and Manila traffic. We have had missionaries come to the MTC every 19 days; totaling 371 from Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Of course the best part of this experience is being able to work with the dedicated humble missionaries who teach us daily, and bring me to tears as they sacrifice in the service of the Lord Jesus Christ. They are fulfilling their purpose as they have personally invited and helped me come unto Christ. I have felt the Holy Ghost and have seen the hand of the Lord as he directs His work.
I was here for the magnificent Jubilee where I felt our Father in Heaven weep for joy as the Filipino youth and children celebrated 50 years of the gospel of the “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints” in this Christian land.
 I have seen the children measure themselves on the door casing as we measure the missionaries when they come into the MTC; just to see if they are tall enough to serve. Of course, the children still need to grow a foot or two, but their eyes sparkle with desire as they daily prepare to follow the footsteps of the Savior, prophets, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, and friends. I am amazed at the support of the members as they also help one another receive the blessings of the restored gospel when they come on Jeepneys or travel days on busses to do baptisms for the dead.
I don’t know all the reasons why I have been so blessed to be here at this time and place, but there are no words that can express my deep gratitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment