Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nutritional value of Ants and Weevil


Dear Friends and Neighbors: 
            I like rice!  We enjoy eating white rice 3 times a day here in the Philippines.  You should see the way the missionaries pile up the rice on their plates at each meal.  It looks like a small mountain!  I suspect that many of them have never eaten so well and so much food in their lives as they do in the MTC.  The rice fills up their belly.  They can eat as much as they want! 
            When asked in my final interview with them, what did you enjoy the most in the MTC, they often answer, “the food!”  We have a subtle contest to see who will put on the most weight in the 19 days of MTC training.  Can you believe that some missionaries put on as much weight as 3-4 kilograms in the first three days! – and 8-15 in the next few days!   I am told by our MTC Nurse-nutritionist that refined white rice is just empty calories.  I am told my Brother Villanueva, our manager of training that anything served beyond rice is simply a side dish!  (We eat a lot from the “side dishes!). 
            I am now down to about a table spoon of rice at each meal.  But better rice than lice!  Please refer to Sister Taylor’s “The nutritional value of eat ants and weevil” attached. 

Love,
George & Debbie Taylor 

The Nutritional Value of Ants and Weevil
Recently, after visiting the doctors I decided to turn over a new leaf for my health, and eat American oatmeal for breakfast. Today while sitting at the table in the MTC cafeteria eating the oatmeal with our senior couple, Elder Armstrong looked down into his bowl of oatmeal and asked, “What is the food value of eating ants?” 

My eyes widened as I realized that I had just finished my cereal. I laughed and said that I would research the nutritional value of eating ants and weevil as soon as I returned to my office. I remembered my father talking about eating bread that he thought was cracked wheat, and then found out later that it was cooked weevil.


Well, I want to give you the official report on the nutritional value of eating aunts and weevil.  I’m sorry to tell you, but you don’t get much food value out of either one, and if you did, you would have to eat a lot. Needless to say, if it makes you feel better thinking the nutrition value has improved the oatmeal or bread, you may continue to think that way.


On the other hand, if you would rather get rid of the problem use NutraSweet as a bait. 

As for me, I prefer plain oatmeal with sugar, cinnamon, and milk. Enjoy!


Debra S. Taylor, August 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment