Friday, July 27, 2012

Don't use Shampoo to wash your hair in the shower!


Dear Friends and Neighbors: 
            Here in the Philippines, it’s hot and humid.  There are four seasons:  1) Hot 2) Humid 3) Rainy Season 4) Warm and Wet.  We are right on the Equator and are surrounded by the South China Sea, the Philippine Sea, and the Sulu Sea.  We receive lovely monsoons always accompanied by downpours like buckets of water!   We take showers a lot here because we perspire so much.  But we have to be careful as we shower for various reasons, one of which is featured in Sister Taylor’s attached message.  Beware! 

George & Debbie

 Don’t use Shampoo to wash your hair in the shower!

I read a funny story the other day. I laughed so hard that I had to hurry into the bathroom before I wet my pants! On the way in I thought, “I need to pray for a sense of humor! I have never prayed for a sense of humor. Why not?” Later, when I reached my office I opened my e-mail and found the perfect message for my improved humor, from Elder Armstrong, our MTC Executive Secretary:

SHAMPOO WARNING! A WARNING TO US ALL!!!
 It is so good to finally get a health warning that is useful! I don’t know WHY I didn’t figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower nearly everyday!
This Warning INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY AS YOU SHOWER! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body.
Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning:

“FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME.”

No wonder I have been gaining weight! Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with DAWN dishwashing soap instead. The label reads,

“DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE.”

My Problem is solved! If I don’t answer your e-mail or the phone I’ll be in the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment