Friday, March 23, 2012

Why Not One With A Red Helmet?

Dear Friends and Neighbors: Attached is another one of Sister Taylor’s observations. One of my predecessor MTC president’s bought him a bright red hot motorcycle and drove out in the Manila traffic. Maybe I’ll get me one!? What do you think? Love and Best Wishes, George & Debra Taylor

Today I saw the most unusual thing in the Temple. It caught me quite off guard.  Just as I was putting my key into my temple locker and looking around, I was surprised to see a bright red, very worn, motorcycle helmet on top of the opposite locker in the sister’s dressing room.
“What is a red motorcycle helmet doing in the temple locker of a mature sister temple worker?”
I smiled to myself as I could see in my “mind’s eye” a small white haired Sister wearing a huge motorcycle helmet, goggles,  black leather jacket, long white dress, and biker boots riding on an oversized “Hell’s Angels’” motorcycle through the congested streets of Quezon City.
Then I thought, “Why not? Didn’t Paul counsel us to put on the ‘Whole Armour of God,’ the ‘Helmet of Salvation,’ that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6)?”
There are all kinds of angels.  Instead of a “Hell’s Angel,” why not one from heaven with a bright red worn motorcycle helmet?

Debra S. Taylor 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment