Friday, December 9, 2011

A Rainbow in the Night



A Rainbow in the Night
               Today I saw a Christmas miracle!
It all started when I saw a beautifully decorated tree, a crèche of The Holy Family, and hanging sparkling crystals. The refracted lights reflected colors in a kaleidoscope of violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. I stood mesmerized in wondering awe.
Previously I had imagined the Star of Bethlehem as a brilliant white light in the blackened night sky. But when I saw the spectrum of colors bending all around me, I realized that the Christ Child brought a rainbow of color on that first silent night.
As you celebrate Christmas this year, may the light of Christ shine brightly, brilliantly, bringing all the facets of love, peace, hope --- a rainbow in the night! Debra Taylor 12/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment