Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Prayers of the Children

The Prayers of the Children
Debra Taylor
November 1, 2011

Sister Pajaro, the wife of one of our recently called Seventy, spoke at our MTC Devotional the other evening. With her husband’s new calling, their family moved into a new ward. She was then called to serve in the Primary presidency. She asked the president if they could visit every child in their home. As she visited each of the children, she was humbled by their physical circumstances.
One family of seven had one bed and two plastic chairs. The father didn’t have a job and the seven year old was outside selling Churros on the street.
The next Sunday after visiting, Sister Pajaro asked what the children prayed to Heavenly Father for. They replied:

I pray to be a good boy.
I pray to have weekly family Home Evening.
I pray to be safe.
I pray for my father to come back home.
I pray to go to church with my family.
I pray for my sister to get better that was hit by a jeepny.

In tears Sister Pajaro said, “No one prayed for toys, for a bigger house, or for better food. None of them prayed for themselves! Elders and Sisters you are the answers to the prayers of the children. You can be the ministering angels!”

And I pray for each of the children!

No comments:

Post a Comment