Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Inspiring Missionary story

Please enjoy the attached little story about two wonderful missionaries. We can hardly speak of the marvelous spiritual events and people we encounter in our mission without being overcome!
George & Debbie

Here is a little story about Michael and Marvic:

A young man, Michael Navalta (taller) has a best friend, Marvic Pablico (shorter).  After school, he watched his friend go to church every Tuesday through Friday afternoon.  He put aside his shyness and asked Marvic why he went to church every afternoon.  Marvic tells him that he attends “seminary.”
            “So one day I ask him if I can go with him…”
            “Of course, yes.”
“So we go to the Church with our bicycle.  And that day is my first time to attend the seminary and I feel something different.  So because of that feeling, every Tuesday to Friday in the afternoon, we go together in the Church to attend the seminary.”
Soon, Marvic invites him to go to Church with him on Sunday.  Michel says,
“I accept it.  My first time attending the Sunday service is so special.  I feel the love of the members, same as the love of our Heavenly Father.”
  He soon met the missionaries because of the seminary teacher.
“They set an appointment to teach me more about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  They teach me in the house of my friend.  His family supports me even though my Mother didn’t want me to be teach [sic] in our own home—until the time they set my baptism.  And I’m so happy when I was baptized.”
Michael and Marvic prepared and submitted their mission applications together.  They received their mission calls at the same time.  They were scheduled to enter the Philippines MTC on the same day.  When arriving, can you imagine their joy and surprise to learn that they were to be in the same district but were also to be missionary companions!  A small coincidence or divine Providence!? 
            “I’m so happy for being a member.  I will never forget my friend.  He’s my special friend.  The only time that we will be separated from each other [is] when we [will be] finally transferred to the field.  But it’s OK because we can see each other again after our mission.”

No comments:

Post a Comment