Friday, September 16, 2011

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission



I hope they call me on a mission when I have grown a foot or two.
I hope by then I’ll be ready to teach and preach and work as missionaries do.
I hope that I can share the gospel with those who want to know the truth.
I want to be a missionary and serve and help the Lord while I am in my youth.
Newel Kay Brown

“While I was on summer vacation I was able to visit the Philippines Missionary Training Center with my ward family and friends. We got to sing in the “Big Room” my favorite primary song, ‘I Hope they call me on a mission’. I got to see the missionaries study and pray in their class rooms, but the best part of all was when Sister Taylor asked if I wanted to measure myself on the door casing to see if I was tall enough to serve a mission? I wasn’t tall enough yet, but she told me that it would be just a day or two before I grew a foot or two. I just can’t wait!”

No comments:

Post a Comment